Monday, April 07, 2008

In an attempt to taunt a couple of my British readers (and maybe a couple of Canadian ones), who are still dealing with snow, I feel that I must mention that I have officially stowed my windshield ice scraper in the trunk of my car, and have pulled out the sunshade. :P

It was a lovely day today, much too pretty to be working, but oh, well... I decided on my break to take a walk around the building, feel like I was getting some exercise for a change. I passed a younger man who was washing the windows, who stopped me with the comment, "Hey, what's going on? You're like the fourth person who has passed me, just walking. Is everyone bored in there?"

"Well, it's lovely out--why wouldn't I want to be out in it? Besides, I thought it might be a good idea to get a bit of exercise," I said, patting my belly.

The man looked at me and then said the nicest thing anyone's said to me in a while. "Girl, what are doing?" he said. "You don't need to change anything!" Well, of course I know exactly how much weight I need to lose and it is this: a lot. More than I'm willing to say on teh intarnets. But it was nice to hear, anyways. A bit of a flirt now and then is always good for the ego...

I went to Richmond to my alma mater yesterday, to the opening of the 2008 Student Art Show. Several of my classmates are still there, and it was good to see them and a few of my favorite professors again. Everyone said they missed me, which I suppose is true--it must be very quiet now that I'm gone... :) While I was there, I finally turned in my final artwork for the independent study that seemingly would never end. I still have to go and "present" it on Friday at the Undergraduate Presentation. I'm still not exactly sure what that is, but it seems that I will stand for two hours beside my project and answer any questions that arise from those who come by to view it. (The project, btw, is on illuminated manuscripts of 8th to 10th century Britain, which particularly interest me, but probably seem boring to most anyone else...) But hey, it gets me out of work for a few hours, so I'm not gonna complain too much...

posted by #Debi at 7:33 PM | permalink | 3 comments

3 Comments:

First!

Attempted taunting successful! PAAH!!

By Blogger Unknown, at 1:19 PM  

Hahaha! You have no idea how fast I had to run to fetch my camera before the snow melted. Embra is just strange that way.

Love the photos!

By Blogger Mr Farty, at 7:00 PM  

Mr. F: How funny! I was just commenting at your place at the same time you were commenting here! :)

By Blogger #Debi, at 7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

|


Hi, I'm Debi. Once in a while I have a thought and I like to write it down before it goes away. This is where I write it.


100 things about me

Contact Debi

my design website


Subscribe to my RSS feed


Subscribe in NewsGator Online
Subscribe in Rojo
Add The Scriptorium to Newsburst from CNET News.com
Add to Google

Put a Pin on the Map View my Guestmap
Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

Debi Warford's Profile
Debi Warford's Facebook Profile
Create Your Badge

my photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from debiwarford. Make your own badge here.

deep thoughts

links

ale-8-one
babelfish
bible gateway
bob & sheri
body for life
eastern kentucky university
fenian history
sean hannity
lexington celtic assn
g gordon liddy
sneaky peat
ulster project international
universalis (daily office)
vineyard central

blogs

a cup of Rich
alan creech
aled hughes
allison mabley
antony's attic
at home with keith
benediction blogs on
bloggedyblog
blondladybug
brian phillips
bryan sherwood
cliff between the lines
darren rowse
faithmaps
fatblueman
garden escapades
jason evans
jordon cooper
kevin rains
laura ogle
liz creech
matt mcdonald
mike todd
mr. farty
my neighbours are hoors
northwoods contemplative
nowheresville, usa
patrick puckett
peter matthews
peter white
pigeons escaped
publog
rachel kochackis
real live preacher
ricardiblog
rikaitch
scaryduck
where the hell was i?
the wrath of dawn


More weather by AccuWeather®

blog template designed by