Tuesday, March 11, 2008

So I was talking to my friend Will on the phone just now, trying to see if he had a photo I could use for a small project I'm working on. (Btw, if anyone has an awesome photo of white lilies that you'd like to share, I'd be ever so grateful...) Anyway, during the course of the conversation, I went to my Flickr page and noticed that I had a FlickrMail message. I didn't even know there was such a thing as FlickrMail. So, I clicked on the message and read:

Hi Debi,

I am writing to let you know that two of your photos have been short-listed for inclusion in the third edition of our Schmap London Guide, to be published at the end of this month.

...

While we offer no payment for publication, many photographers are pleased to submit their photos, as Schmap Guides give their work recognition and wide exposure, and are free of charge to readers. Photos are published at a maximum width of 150 pixels, are clearly attributed, and link to high-resolution originals at Flickr.

Our submission deadline is Friday, June 22. If you happen to be reading this message after this date, please still click on the link above (our Schmap Guides are updated frequently - photos submitted after this deadline will be considered for later releases).

Best regards,

Luke Ritchie,
Managing Editor, Schmap Guides

Frankly, I hadn't heard of Schmap Guides until now, but when I called my friend Alan, he said that he had had one of his photos in the Ireland edition. I'm honored, of course, and excited by the possibility. If they choose my photos, it'll look great on my resumè. And right now, I feel like I need all the help I can get, as my job search seems stalled at the moment.

Oh, yeah--if you want to see which photos they are considering, they are here and here.

UPDATE: Well, now I'm just a little bit bummed--I went back and looked at the date of the FlickrMail, and that deadline is for June 22, 2007. But it's still an honor to be considered, and they may still use my photos for the next edition...

posted by #Debi at 7:50 PM | permalink | 4 comments

4 Comments:

Well, you could make a map of your Alma Mater - but I don't think the name "Schmuck Guide" would market well? :)

Seriously, good work!

By the way, I keep getting messages about my facebook fun wall, but there's no message there?

-- Mike O

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:05 PM  

Dude, did you just call me a schmuck? :) Fair enough, I suppose...

I can't remember leaving you a Facebook message lately, but I have senior moments every now and then...

By Blogger #Debi, at 10:10 PM  

Congratulations and better luck next time. You don't usually see those words in the same sentence!

By Blogger Mr Farty, at 4:44 PM  

I got a Schmap invitation too, and agreed to it - no clue if they'll actually use it or not though. I confess I was a bit leery of it too, so I'm glad to hear that it seems to be legit.

It's this picture here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ricardipus/1926596290/

P.S. Debi - this is what happens when you don't visit your Flickr page fourteen times a day, like I do ;)

By Blogger Richard Wintle, at 5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

|


Hi, I'm Debi. Once in a while I have a thought and I like to write it down before it goes away. This is where I write it.


100 things about me

Contact Debi

my design website


Subscribe to my RSS feed


Subscribe in NewsGator Online
Subscribe in Rojo
Add The Scriptorium to Newsburst from CNET News.com
Add to Google

Put a Pin on the Map View my Guestmap
Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

Debi Warford's Profile
Debi Warford's Facebook Profile
Create Your Badge

my photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from debiwarford. Make your own badge here.

deep thoughts

links

ale-8-one
babelfish
bible gateway
bob & sheri
body for life
eastern kentucky university
fenian history
sean hannity
lexington celtic assn
g gordon liddy
sneaky peat
ulster project international
universalis (daily office)
vineyard central

blogs

a cup of Rich
alan creech
aled hughes
allison mabley
antony's attic
at home with keith
benediction blogs on
bloggedyblog
blondladybug
brian phillips
bryan sherwood
cliff between the lines
darren rowse
faithmaps
fatblueman
garden escapades
jason evans
jordon cooper
kevin rains
laura ogle
liz creech
matt mcdonald
mike todd
mr. farty
my neighbours are hoors
northwoods contemplative
nowheresville, usa
patrick puckett
peter matthews
peter white
pigeons escaped
publog
rachel kochackis
real live preacher
ricardiblog
rikaitch
scaryduck
where the hell was i?
the wrath of dawn


More weather by AccuWeather®

blog template designed by