Friday, March 07, 2008

I found a fun meme over at Mr. Farty's place. (Yeah, I have eclectic taste in blogs...) Anyway, it was a lot of fun, so I decided to do it over here. So here's the ground rules:

1. Pick 10 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDB and find a quote from each film.
3. Post them here for everyone to guess.
4. Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the film.
5. GUESSERS: NO GOOGLING/using IMDb search functions. I mean, you can cheat if you want, but is it really that important?
6. One film guess per commenter. That way everyone gets a turn.

So here's my movie quotes. If you guess one right and I mark it, feel free to guess on another one.

1. Harriet! Har-ee-et. Hard-hearted harbinger of haggis. Liz So I Married An Axe Murderer

2. What's a dazzling urbanite like you doing in a rustic setting like this? Johnny T. Blazing Saddles

3. Ladies and gentlemen, I can envision a day when the brains of brilliant men can be kept alive in the bodies of dumb people. Mr. Farty The Man With Two Brains

4. In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God. Cari Braveheart

5. The truth is bro, life's about greasing the 'do back, buddy, and wheezin' on the buff-fest, man. Cari and The Dane Encino Man

6. I didn't make him for you!... He carries the Charles Atlas seal of approval. Brian The Rocky Horror Picture Show

7. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow. Cari Men In Black

8. Allow myself to introduce... myself! The Dane Austin Powers

9. Uh, betray us, and I will fong you, until your insides are out, your outsides are in, your entrails will become your extrails I will w-rip... all the p... ung. Pain, lots of pain. Jennifer Rollins A Knight's Tale

10. I once thought I had mono for an entire year. It turned out I was just really bored. The Dane Wayne's World

OK, there they are! Good luck and good guessing! :)

Only one more left! Who wants it?

As they say, "That's all folks!" Good job to all...

posted by #Debi at 7:40 PM | permalink | 31 comments

31 Comments:

Oh, what a good idea!

I feel I should know #2, #7 and #9.
But I'll guess #3 is The Simpsons Movie. Maybe.

By Blogger Mr Farty, at 5:05 PM  

Good guess, but no. I'll give a hint--the most recent of these movies is from 2001. The earliest is from 1974.

By Blogger #Debi, at 5:36 PM  

Oh, in that case Star Trek ;-)

By Blogger Mr Farty, at 7:20 PM  

Jennifer Rollins left the first correct guess over at my Facebook page:

"The answer to number 9 on your movie quotes blog is....

Wat Falhurst from "A Knights's Tale"

He was speaking to Geoffrey Chaucer, who happened to be naked at the time due to a gambling habit gone wrong.

I love this movie. It's so sad that Heath Ledger will not be making more great movies like this one."


Good job, Jennifer!

By Blogger #Debi, at 7:34 AM  

I had the grand score of...........nothing!

By Blogger Unknown, at 2:45 PM  

#7 is Tommy lee Jones in Men In Black. I was looking for the TLJ quote...

is #5 a Pauly Shore movie?

#8 is Monty Python of some sort.

#10 is Romy & Michelle

is #1 Harry Potter?

next time you play this game i'll guess in order...and i'm so playing this game on my blog!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:59 AM  

OK, so you're only supposed to guess one at a time, but since you only got one right (sort of), I'll forgive you this time. :)

You are right on #7; it's Men In Black. #5 is a movie that has Pauly Shore in it, but since you didn't guess the title, I won't count that one yet. The others are good guesses, but not correct.

By Blogger #Debi, at 5:48 AM  

I'll try again with #3 - Steve Martin, The Man With Two Brains.
I knew I knew #7!

By Blogger Mr Farty, at 3:25 PM  

I can't count vowels. you expect me to read directions?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:40 PM  

Very good, Mr. Farty! I figured that would be the hardest one to get, as I figured no one remembered that movie but me. I actually have it on DVD...

By Blogger #Debi, at 6:54 PM  

I #4 Braveheart?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:45 AM  

Dingdingding! You are correct! #4 is Braveheart!

By Blogger #Debi, at 6:07 PM  

is 10 Fight Club?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:16 PM  

Nope. Sorry, not Fight Club. But keep guessing. One more hint--all of the remaining movies fall into the category of comedy. Well, #6 is borderline, I suppose, but I thought it was funny...

By Blogger #Debi, at 11:03 PM  

#1 is Michael Myers in So I married an axe murder, during a poetry reading, the characters name is Charlie.

By Blogger lizcreech, at 12:10 PM  

Yay! Liz got one! I figured either you or Alan would get that one right off...

By Blogger #Debi, at 5:42 PM  

Argh! I just heard #10 in a movie. I should know it. I don't.

Argh.

A.R.G.H.

By Blogger WrathofDawn, at 10:42 PM  

is 5 Encino Man? if not, i'm just going to start commenting with Pauly Shore movies until i get it right...

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:08 AM  

#5 is definitely Encino Man.

I also know #8 and #10, but I'll hold on to those for a little. (somebody is quite a fan of a certain actor's work...)

By Blogger Seth T. Hahne, at 12:12 AM  

Okay, I cheated and looked. Fun choices, all, but I wouldn't have got any of them except maybe #7. Relief.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:03 AM  

#5 is totally Encino Man! :) So, Seth, you can guess on #8 or #10 now, if you want. I guess I am a fan of that certain actor's work, but my taste is more eclectic than this quiz might indicate. I think I was just in the mood for silly comedies when I made this... :)

By Blogger #Debi, at 5:48 AM  

#8 is Austin Powers and #10 is Wayne's World ^_^

By Blogger Seth T. Hahne, at 3:35 PM  

You are, of course, correct on both counts. Any ideas on #s 2 and 6? A hint to those who know me--#2 is probably my all time favorite funny movie...

By Blogger #Debi, at 5:22 PM  

#2 - It's not Hot Fuzz, is it?

By Blogger Mr Farty, at 6:15 PM  

No, this is a much older film, from 1974, in fact. Another hint: I probably have more DVDs of movies from this director than of any other...

By Blogger #Debi, at 7:37 PM  

2 - Blazing Saddles

6 - Rob Roy

By Blogger Johnny T, at 8:33 PM  

Johnny: Welcome! You have #2 correct, but not #6.

By Blogger #Debi, at 9:09 PM  

#6 The Rocky Horror Picture Show.
Tim Curry's character.
I forgot the name. Too many brain cells ago.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:12 PM  

Old age will do that to you... ;)

But, correct nonetheless. The character was Dr. Frankenfurter.

By Blogger #Debi, at 1:31 PM  

Well, that was easy. They'd all been guessed, so I suppose I get 10 out of 10.

Better than the 0 out of 10 I would have otherwise gotten.

By Blogger Richard Wintle, at 5:39 PM  

Ya snooze, ya lose... :)

Thanks for playing, anyway...

By Blogger #Debi, at 5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

|


Hi, I'm Debi. Once in a while I have a thought and I like to write it down before it goes away. This is where I write it.


100 things about me

Contact Debi

my design website


Subscribe to my RSS feed


Subscribe in NewsGator Online
Subscribe in Rojo
Add The Scriptorium to Newsburst from CNET News.com
Add to Google

Put a Pin on the Map View my Guestmap
Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

Debi Warford's Profile
Debi Warford's Facebook Profile
Create Your Badge

my photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from debiwarford. Make your own badge here.

deep thoughts

links

ale-8-one
babelfish
bible gateway
bob & sheri
body for life
eastern kentucky university
fenian history
sean hannity
lexington celtic assn
g gordon liddy
sneaky peat
ulster project international
universalis (daily office)
vineyard central

blogs

a cup of Rich
alan creech
aled hughes
allison mabley
antony's attic
at home with keith
benediction blogs on
bloggedyblog
blondladybug
brian phillips
bryan sherwood
cliff between the lines
darren rowse
faithmaps
fatblueman
garden escapades
jason evans
jordon cooper
kevin rains
laura ogle
liz creech
matt mcdonald
mike todd
mr. farty
my neighbours are hoors
northwoods contemplative
nowheresville, usa
patrick puckett
peter matthews
peter white
pigeons escaped
publog
rachel kochackis
real live preacher
ricardiblog
rikaitch
scaryduck
where the hell was i?
the wrath of dawn


More weather by AccuWeather®

blog template designed by