Thursday, January 18, 2007

Well, I've done it. I went over to the dark side. I am now on "new" blogger. We'll see if it's new and improved blogger...

By the way, in case you haven't figured it out yet, I'm back from London and back at school for a new semester. London was awesome, and I think I've bored everyone around here with my pictures and stories. All that remains is to bore you all as well. :^) When I got home, I uploaded all the photos I'd taken into iPhoto, then deleted the really bad ones--blurry, took one of the sidewalk, etc. Raw photos, there were around 1200 of them. After editing, there were 900 left. I had the 230 or so best ones printed to show around to everyone. I plan to set up a flickr account to show all of the photos. I need to get to that sometime this weekend, I guess...

I have three classes this semester, in addition to getting the final project done for the study abroad thing. I am taking Sculpture I, Design IV (systems design--it has to do with packaging and branding, I think), and Web, in which I will learn Dreamweaver and Flash. We've already started learning Dreamweaver, and I just downloaded both programs onto my computer. I hope that this class will be easier than some of the others I've taken--my hope is that my blogging experience will come into play with HTML and such. We'll see... Sculpture is intimidating me a bit, since I'm really becoming a 2D kind of girl. We had to do workup sketches of what we wanted to do in our 1st sculpture, which will be made of plaster over a wire mesh form. We had to show what all sides of the piece would look like. Now, I'm pretty good at drawing pretty much anything I can see, but making up something out of whole cloth and showing what all sides will look like is something that sort of stumps me. Fortunately, I have a very good relationship with the teacher. He's one of the "old guard"; in fact, I had him for a drawing class the last time I was at EKU, about 25 years ago. His son now teaches in the art department as well.

Speaking of new things in the art department, one of my teachers has announced her retirement after who knows how many years. She's the head of the graphic design department, and the bane of most of our existence. She's actually pretty nice outside of class, but not so much in class. While none of us are really sorry to see her go, I think that we all hope that she will have a good life outside of academia. She says she plans to become one of those eBay sellers, and she will probably make a mint at that.

I promise that there will be stories of my time in London later, but I've told them so many times in the "real world" now that I need a bit of a break from that for a few days. Soon, very soon...

posted by #Debi at 6:16 PM | permalink | 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

|


Hi, I'm Debi. Once in a while I have a thought and I like to write it down before it goes away. This is where I write it.


100 things about me

Contact Debi

my design website


Subscribe to my RSS feed


Subscribe in NewsGator Online
Subscribe in Rojo
Add The Scriptorium to Newsburst from CNET News.com
Add to Google

Put a Pin on the Map View my Guestmap
Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

Debi Warford's Profile
Debi Warford's Facebook Profile
Create Your Badge

my photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from debiwarford. Make your own badge here.

deep thoughts

links

ale-8-one
babelfish
bible gateway
bob & sheri
body for life
eastern kentucky university
fenian history
sean hannity
lexington celtic assn
g gordon liddy
sneaky peat
ulster project international
universalis (daily office)
vineyard central

blogs

a cup of Rich
alan creech
aled hughes
allison mabley
antony's attic
at home with keith
benediction blogs on
bloggedyblog
blondladybug
brian phillips
bryan sherwood
cliff between the lines
darren rowse
faithmaps
fatblueman
garden escapades
jason evans
jordon cooper
kevin rains
laura ogle
liz creech
matt mcdonald
mike todd
mr. farty
my neighbours are hoors
northwoods contemplative
nowheresville, usa
patrick puckett
peter matthews
peter white
pigeons escaped
publog
rachel kochackis
real live preacher
ricardiblog
rikaitch
scaryduck
where the hell was i?
the wrath of dawn


More weather by AccuWeather®

blog template designed by