Wednesday, December 20, 2006

I've added a little something new to my sidebar, to stay there until I return from my trip. It's a little weather thingy that tells me the temperature in London in Fahrenheit, so that I can get an idea of the "real" temperature :^) and you all (my three faithful readers) can see how I'm suffering in the next couple of weeks. Yeah, poor, poor, pitiful me... :^D

I've also finally gotten around to updating the links on the sidebar, and I'm working on a much longer post, in which I step up to the challenge of a meme that Antony has issued: to list ten things that I "love" that start with the letter "A". I've thought of about eight so far, so it may be this weekend before I get the post up.

I'm sitting here now, avoiding the reading that I need to be doing for this study abroad thing. I have essentially two books to read before I leave, and a "manifesto" to write. I'm still not exactly sure what a manifesto ought to be, but I'm getting the idea from my reading that it will, in essence, be my personal philosophy of art and design. This should be interesting. Anyone who knows me knows that I hate getting up on a soapbox and telling the world how things ought to be done.* Anyway, I'm working on getting things together for the trip, and will have to probably do a bit of shopping, for clothes and toiletries, on the weekend before Christmas!, which prospect has me cowering in terror.** I'm still not entirely certain of the best way to handle the money issue. I've heard that it's best to not take a lot of American money (like I have a lot), but rather to wait and use the ATM once I land in London, that the exchange rate is better that way, and not to take traveler's checks because it's difficult to get them cashed. Does anyone have any advice in that regard?

Alright, I'm gonna get off here and go read something, even if it kills me. Later!

*May not be entirely true.
**Somewhat exaggerated, but essentially true. I HATE to shop!

posted by #Debi at 6:53 PM | permalink | 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

|


Hi, I'm Debi. Once in a while I have a thought and I like to write it down before it goes away. This is where I write it.


100 things about me

Contact Debi

my design website


Subscribe to my RSS feed


Subscribe in NewsGator Online
Subscribe in Rojo
Add The Scriptorium to Newsburst from CNET News.com
Add to Google

Put a Pin on the Map View my Guestmap
Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

Debi Warford's Profile
Debi Warford's Facebook Profile
Create Your Badge

my photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from debiwarford. Make your own badge here.

deep thoughts

links

ale-8-one
babelfish
bible gateway
bob & sheri
body for life
eastern kentucky university
fenian history
sean hannity
lexington celtic assn
g gordon liddy
sneaky peat
ulster project international
universalis (daily office)
vineyard central

blogs

a cup of Rich
alan creech
aled hughes
allison mabley
antony's attic
at home with keith
benediction blogs on
bloggedyblog
blondladybug
brian phillips
bryan sherwood
cliff between the lines
darren rowse
faithmaps
fatblueman
garden escapades
jason evans
jordon cooper
kevin rains
laura ogle
liz creech
matt mcdonald
mike todd
mr. farty
my neighbours are hoors
northwoods contemplative
nowheresville, usa
patrick puckett
peter matthews
peter white
pigeons escaped
publog
rachel kochackis
real live preacher
ricardiblog
rikaitch
scaryduck
where the hell was i?
the wrath of dawn


More weather by AccuWeather®

blog template designed by