Saturday, November 18, 2006

In other news, today is my birthday! I apparently have chosen to celebrate by doing absolutely nothing. I had plans to do housework and homework and maybe some shopping, but as yet I have not left the apartment, except to go downstairs to check the mail. I got captured by Kyle's newest toy that he found, the Hero Machine, in which you create your own superhero. Kyle finally made Captain Sacrament. I made one for The Anchoress, but couldn't figure out how to save it to post. She was verra nice, tho'...

Speaking of verra nice, the best birthday gift I've gotten this year--so far ;^) --I actually got almost a month ago. I've wanted to post about before now, but have been so busy with school and stuff that I decided to save it for today. On October 21, Brian and Paula took me to see Spamalot in Cincinnati at the Aronoff Theatre. It was way better than verra nice, it was amazing! I recommend it to everyone. If it comes to your area, or if you're lucky enough to be in NYC, definitely go see it. I get a T-shirt that says "I'm not dead yet", and we had a great Indian meal beforehand.

The final thing that I've been wanting to post, but couldn't seem to find the time, is an update on my progress at school. The week after going to Spamalot, I had my BFA Portfolio Review. This review is the definitive judging of whether I would be allowed to continue in the BFA program at EKU. AND, I made it in! Hurray! Other than the stress of whether I would make it being relieved, the biggest benefit of getting through that is that I can begin to give away (or in some cases, throw away) my art now. I had been having to keep every piece of paper, every little thing that I had created, because "you might need that for BFA review". Now I can get rid of some things! I called my mom first thing, not just to tell her I'd made it, but also to tell her that she could throw away the hideous 3 foot tall wire sculpture of a coffee maker that had been hanging out in her garage. Several items from my classes had been made specifically with the idea of giving them away to various friends for gifts, and now with Christmas coming up, I should be able to "bless" everyone I know. :^)

Well, I guess that's all for now. Time to go back to doing nothing. Wish me luck!

posted by #Debi at 4:36 PM | permalink | 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

|


Hi, I'm Debi. Once in a while I have a thought and I like to write it down before it goes away. This is where I write it.


100 things about me

Contact Debi

my design website


Subscribe to my RSS feed


Subscribe in NewsGator Online
Subscribe in Rojo
Add The Scriptorium to Newsburst from CNET News.com
Add to Google

Put a Pin on the Map View my Guestmap
Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

Debi Warford's Profile
Debi Warford's Facebook Profile
Create Your Badge

my photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from debiwarford. Make your own badge here.

deep thoughts

links

ale-8-one
babelfish
bible gateway
bob & sheri
body for life
eastern kentucky university
fenian history
sean hannity
lexington celtic assn
g gordon liddy
sneaky peat
ulster project international
universalis (daily office)
vineyard central

blogs

a cup of Rich
alan creech
aled hughes
allison mabley
antony's attic
at home with keith
benediction blogs on
bloggedyblog
blondladybug
brian phillips
bryan sherwood
cliff between the lines
darren rowse
faithmaps
fatblueman
garden escapades
jason evans
jordon cooper
kevin rains
laura ogle
liz creech
matt mcdonald
mike todd
mr. farty
my neighbours are hoors
northwoods contemplative
nowheresville, usa
patrick puckett
peter matthews
peter white
pigeons escaped
publog
rachel kochackis
real live preacher
ricardiblog
rikaitch
scaryduck
where the hell was i?
the wrath of dawn


More weather by AccuWeather®

blog template designed by