Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Here it is, nearly 11:30, and there are still "bombs bursting in air" outside my window. I spent the evening with Brian and Paula, his fiancee. (See, Brian, I've linked you--now everyone will go to your site and see that you haven't written in a coon's age. Maybe you should do something about that... :^D) We watched a couple of movies, The Matador and Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, both pretty good paperback-thriller-type movies. Anyway, I drove home about half an hour ago, trying to see through the fireworks-induced fog and not be too distracted by all the pretty shiny things up in the air (i.e.; illegal fireworks going off in all the neighborhoods). That's one of the most fun parts of the Independence Day festivities for me, driving home and seeing everyone's last ditch efforts to set off all the stuff they bought, whether down on the corner or down in Tennessee (where I hear all the good stuff is sold). I am a little concerned about all my neighbors still shooting stuff off in the parking lot below, since my car is out there. I have visions of someone getting a little too enthusiastic and my car ending up looking like I was just the victim of Pierce Brosnan's character in The Matador. Anyway, we had a good time tonight, good food (KFC), good company (the Phillipses :^} and Paula's friends from work--oops, already forgot their names--stupid oldtimer's disease...), and good entertainment. Also fun was watching Brian set off smoke bombs after dark. Very stinky. The ones we could see were kinda pretty though, especially the yellow one he set off under Paula's friends' car...

OK, so I'm starting to ramble and the racket outside is starting to die down, so off to bed for me. I mostly just wanted to check in--and get a post up to start shoving the photo below down towards the archives... My blogiversary is in two days--number four, thank you very much, no gifts please--well, OK, if you insist...

posted by #Debi at 11:24 PM | permalink | 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

|


Hi, I'm Debi. Once in a while I have a thought and I like to write it down before it goes away. This is where I write it.


100 things about me

Contact Debi

my design website


Subscribe to my RSS feed


Subscribe in NewsGator Online
Subscribe in Rojo
Add The Scriptorium to Newsburst from CNET News.com
Add to Google

Put a Pin on the Map View my Guestmap
Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

Debi Warford's Profile
Debi Warford's Facebook Profile
Create Your Badge

my photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from debiwarford. Make your own badge here.

deep thoughts

links

ale-8-one
babelfish
bible gateway
bob & sheri
body for life
eastern kentucky university
fenian history
sean hannity
lexington celtic assn
g gordon liddy
sneaky peat
ulster project international
universalis (daily office)
vineyard central

blogs

a cup of Rich
alan creech
aled hughes
allison mabley
antony's attic
at home with keith
benediction blogs on
bloggedyblog
blondladybug
brian phillips
bryan sherwood
cliff between the lines
darren rowse
faithmaps
fatblueman
garden escapades
jason evans
jordon cooper
kevin rains
laura ogle
liz creech
matt mcdonald
mike todd
mr. farty
my neighbours are hoors
northwoods contemplative
nowheresville, usa
patrick puckett
peter matthews
peter white
pigeons escaped
publog
rachel kochackis
real live preacher
ricardiblog
rikaitch
scaryduck
where the hell was i?
the wrath of dawn


More weather by AccuWeather®

blog template designed by