Saturday, May 13, 2006

Finals week is finally over! Yay! This seems to have been one of the roughest semesters I've had so far--I think because of the 4 studio classes. Trying to juggle getting all the projects done on schedule has been a real challenge this year. Some of my friends think I'm crazy taking another art history course next semester, but I don't think they understand that even a class with the notorious Gil Smith will (hopefully) be a break compared to two classes with Betsy. Betsy is the head of the graphic design department, and has been the bane of my existence this year. Not so much because her classes are all that hard, but just because my attitude has been suffering towards her. There are issues that those who know her (and those who have heard me complain about her) know about that I've been struggling with over the last month or so, particularly. I've even "counseled" with Alan over the whole deal, and he gave me some wise advice. Now if I could just implement it... :^)

In any case, I have the whole summer to get my head straight. I am taking a summer school class, Printmaking I, that I am looking forward to very much. The teacher, Dave, seems like a very cool guy, a very soft-spoken and friendly sort. He's one of those teachers that all the students seem to like. Actually, most of them are like that, with a couple of notable exceptions...

I should be doing so many things today, mostly in the housecleaning arena, but it feels so good to have a day where I don't have to do anything that it's hard to get motivated to clean. But, I will do some work tonight and some tomorrow, since I am running out of both clothes and dishes... I have said on many occasions that if I just had a dishwasher and a washer/dryer, my life would not be nearly so hectic and my apartment much nicer. However, for now I just have to live with things the way they are. Once I'm graduated and get that high-paying job in the exciting field of graphic design, I can think about a place with all that stuff... Here's to dreams!

posted by #Debi at 4:59 PM | permalink | 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

|


Hi, I'm Debi. Once in a while I have a thought and I like to write it down before it goes away. This is where I write it.


100 things about me

Contact Debi

my design website


Subscribe to my RSS feed


Subscribe in NewsGator Online
Subscribe in Rojo
Add The Scriptorium to Newsburst from CNET News.com
Add to Google

Put a Pin on the Map View my Guestmap
Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

Debi Warford's Profile
Debi Warford's Facebook Profile
Create Your Badge

my photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from debiwarford. Make your own badge here.

deep thoughts

links

ale-8-one
babelfish
bible gateway
bob & sheri
body for life
eastern kentucky university
fenian history
sean hannity
lexington celtic assn
g gordon liddy
sneaky peat
ulster project international
universalis (daily office)
vineyard central

blogs

a cup of Rich
alan creech
aled hughes
allison mabley
antony's attic
at home with keith
benediction blogs on
bloggedyblog
blondladybug
brian phillips
bryan sherwood
cliff between the lines
darren rowse
faithmaps
fatblueman
garden escapades
jason evans
jordon cooper
kevin rains
laura ogle
liz creech
matt mcdonald
mike todd
mr. farty
my neighbours are hoors
northwoods contemplative
nowheresville, usa
patrick puckett
peter matthews
peter white
pigeons escaped
publog
rachel kochackis
real live preacher
ricardiblog
rikaitch
scaryduck
where the hell was i?
the wrath of dawn


More weather by AccuWeather®

blog template designed by