Sunday, November 06, 2005

It appears that I was tagged this past week over at Andrew's blog. Unfortunately, I was lax in my blog reading this week, and am only now getting around to responding to the challenge. Here goes(it's called "5 Things", but there are definitely more than five questions here--what's up with that?!):

Five Things

Ten years ago
I was 35. I was working for an optician, thinking about doing that for a lifetime, and mostly just marking time...

Five years ago
I had just "graduated" from Word of Faith Bible Training Center (the one down the street, not the famous one), and had decided that this "house church" thing that Alan and Liz were doing was something I was called alongside to help with. I also had just switched jobs to where I am now, and was wondering what God had in store for me career-wise. Surely it wasn't this! :^) It was about that time also that I was diagnosed with Graves Disease.

One year ago
Suffering from what would probably have been diagnosed as clinical depression if I'd ever bothered to go to a doctor, I decided to go back to college and get a degree that would help me get a life, so to speak. It's been one of the best decisions I've made in my adult life, I think. I also was told last year that I am definitely in remission concerning the Graves Disease.

Five Yummy things
Liz's homemade pesto on toasted Italian bread.
Chocolate covered strawberries.
Curried chicken over rice (preferably at one of the fine Indian restaurants here in town).
Killian's Red.
Grilled salmon steak, with Alan's special seasonings.

Five songs I know by heart
"American Pie," Don McLean
"Bohemian Rhapsody," Queen
"Old Time Rock and Roll," Bob Seger
"Heartbreaker," Pat Benatar
"Magic Man," Heart (I know more songs by Heart, but I assume we're not being literal here...)

Five things I would do with a lot of money
Take about a month in Ireland, just to crawl around and explore.
Buy a property where I could live and do art.
Pay off my student loans, quit my job, and go to school all the time.
Give an endowment to the EKU Art Deparment.
Set up college funds for my nieces and nephew.

Five places I would escape to
Ireland.
Scotland.
Italy.
The Close
Common Grounds

Five things I would never wear
Belly shirt.
Daisy Dukes.
Cheesy Christian T-shirts (unless they're cheesy enough to be campy).
T-shirts with profanities on them.
Wool sweaters (I'm allergic).

Five favorite TV shows
My Name Is Earl.
Gray's Anatomy.
Survivor.
American Idol.
Jeopardy.

All-time Favorites:
St. Elsewhere
Saturday Night Live
, the original cast
M*A*S*H
Star Trek
Quantum Leap

Five things I enjoy doing
Watching movies.
Doing art (of almost any kind).
Learning new stuff on the computer.
Hanging out with friends.
Cooking (for others--I don't cook much for just me.)

Favorite Toys
iMac G5
Adobe Creative Suite
Scrabble
Trivial Pursuit
George Foreman Grill

Five people who get "tagged"
I'll choose some who are even remotely likely to actually do this: Liz, Kyle, Cari (who hasn't blogged since March, but maybe this will inspire her), Laura Ogle, and Alan (who is not likely to do this, but I needed to round out the five...)

posted by #Debi at 8:59 AM | permalink | 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

|


Hi, I'm Debi. Once in a while I have a thought and I like to write it down before it goes away. This is where I write it.


100 things about me

Contact Debi

my design website


Subscribe to my RSS feed


Subscribe in NewsGator Online
Subscribe in Rojo
Add The Scriptorium to Newsburst from CNET News.com
Add to Google

Put a Pin on the Map View my Guestmap
Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

Debi Warford's Profile
Debi Warford's Facebook Profile
Create Your Badge

my photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from debiwarford. Make your own badge here.

deep thoughts

links

ale-8-one
babelfish
bible gateway
bob & sheri
body for life
eastern kentucky university
fenian history
sean hannity
lexington celtic assn
g gordon liddy
sneaky peat
ulster project international
universalis (daily office)
vineyard central

blogs

a cup of Rich
alan creech
aled hughes
allison mabley
antony's attic
at home with keith
benediction blogs on
bloggedyblog
blondladybug
brian phillips
bryan sherwood
cliff between the lines
darren rowse
faithmaps
fatblueman
garden escapades
jason evans
jordon cooper
kevin rains
laura ogle
liz creech
matt mcdonald
mike todd
mr. farty
my neighbours are hoors
northwoods contemplative
nowheresville, usa
patrick puckett
peter matthews
peter white
pigeons escaped
publog
rachel kochackis
real live preacher
ricardiblog
rikaitch
scaryduck
where the hell was i?
the wrath of dawn


More weather by AccuWeather®

blog template designed by