Thursday, August 11, 2005

School starts in a little over a week! Yay! I'm really excited about it, and a bit anxious too. Anxious, mostly, about finances, the one thing that always seems to get me anxious. You'd think I'd've learned by now that God always seems to work these things out, one way or another... I'm particularly excited for this semester to start because I'll be taking my first actual graphic design classes this semester, Intro to Graphic Design and the accompanying Software class. I hope that by Christmas, I'll be closer to living up to the level of my computer. I'm looking forward to the Painting class, too, because there will be lots of learning potential there. I've painted a little before, just playing around really, but I've never actually had instruction, especially not in oil painting, which will be a focus of this class. I'm sure that my Art History class will be loads of fun, too... :^)

I spent the afternoon today trying to get a few things in order before school starts. I had an eye exam, and my pupils still look like I've been smoking or taking something illegal. The doctor found something that I'd never heard of, a "freckle" on my retina! She said it was nothing to really be concerned about, that we would monitor it each year, but I'm fairly sure that a person isn't supposed to have freckles on their retina. I guess I'll just have to take her word for it for now. She took like 30 pictures of the inside of my eye, trying to get it on film so we'd have a benchmark. When we were done, I told her I was starting to feel like a bizarre supermodel with all the photos... It was lots of fun, an adventure really, driving from the eye doctor's to the hairdresser. Yes, I got my hair cut while "blinded by the light". When I told the stylist that I was putting myself at her mercy and why, she said, "Oh, I just figured you were wearing those shades to be cool." hehe... So now all the sparkly bits of my roots are showing. Eek! That won't last for long, I can tell you... So now you know the exciting details of my busy day. Aren't you glad you stopped by? :^)

posted by #Debi at 9:06 PM | permalink | 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

|


Hi, I'm Debi. Once in a while I have a thought and I like to write it down before it goes away. This is where I write it.


100 things about me

Contact Debi

my design website


Subscribe to my RSS feed


Subscribe in NewsGator Online
Subscribe in Rojo
Add The Scriptorium to Newsburst from CNET News.com
Add to Google

Put a Pin on the Map View my Guestmap
Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

Debi Warford's Profile
Debi Warford's Facebook Profile
Create Your Badge

my photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from debiwarford. Make your own badge here.

deep thoughts

links

ale-8-one
babelfish
bible gateway
bob & sheri
body for life
eastern kentucky university
fenian history
sean hannity
lexington celtic assn
g gordon liddy
sneaky peat
ulster project international
universalis (daily office)
vineyard central

blogs

a cup of Rich
alan creech
aled hughes
allison mabley
antony's attic
at home with keith
benediction blogs on
bloggedyblog
blondladybug
brian phillips
bryan sherwood
cliff between the lines
darren rowse
faithmaps
fatblueman
garden escapades
jason evans
jordon cooper
kevin rains
laura ogle
liz creech
matt mcdonald
mike todd
mr. farty
my neighbours are hoors
northwoods contemplative
nowheresville, usa
patrick puckett
peter matthews
peter white
pigeons escaped
publog
rachel kochackis
real live preacher
ricardiblog
rikaitch
scaryduck
where the hell was i?
the wrath of dawn


More weather by AccuWeather®

blog template designed by