Sunday, February 13, 2005

One more quick thing before I head off to bed tonight. I held a bit of a ritual ceremony today. Last week, I went to my endocrinologist for a follow-up visit for the Graves' Disease. This visit was a 4-month follow-up rather than the usual 6-month visit, because back in October my thyroid levels were a little off and my doctor wanted to make sure I wasn't out of remission. Anyway, things seemed to go pretty well during the visit last week--she said that my thyroid looked good, as in, not swollen or anything, and that she'd let me know when I needed to come back after the blood work results were in. Yesterday, I got my little notice in the mail, letting me know the results. The thyroid is normal, and I don't have to go back again for one year! So, the ritual. I had, in my kitchen cabinet, kept a bottle of the medication that I had been on for two years, PTU (or propylthiouracil, for you doctoral types). I had kept it from last year when Dr. Boggess had told me that it looked like I was in remission, just in case she decided she was wrong. There was about two months' supply in there, and I hated to throw them out and then find out I'd have to go back on the meds. I don't have to pay a lot for them, since I have good health insurance, but I hated to waste them if I'd end up needing them. So, when I got my letter from the doctor, I gathered up the pills, which of course by now were expired, and took them to the bathroom and poured them into the toilet and flushed. What a great feeling that was! Now I can start thinking about getting into shape between now and my next visit in a year. It'd be very cool to go into her office all fit and stuff. I think she's finally getting the idea that I meant it when I told her the first time we met that, as glad as I was to meet her, this would not be a life-long relationship that we were forging, not in the medical sense anyway.

posted by #Debi at 11:32 PM | permalink | 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

|


Hi, I'm Debi. Once in a while I have a thought and I like to write it down before it goes away. This is where I write it.


100 things about me

Contact Debi

my design website


Subscribe to my RSS feed


Subscribe in NewsGator Online
Subscribe in Rojo
Add The Scriptorium to Newsburst from CNET News.com
Add to Google

Put a Pin on the Map View my Guestmap
Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

Debi Warford's Profile
Debi Warford's Facebook Profile
Create Your Badge

my photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from debiwarford. Make your own badge here.

deep thoughts

links

ale-8-one
babelfish
bible gateway
bob & sheri
body for life
eastern kentucky university
fenian history
sean hannity
lexington celtic assn
g gordon liddy
sneaky peat
ulster project international
universalis (daily office)
vineyard central

blogs

a cup of Rich
alan creech
aled hughes
allison mabley
antony's attic
at home with keith
benediction blogs on
bloggedyblog
blondladybug
brian phillips
bryan sherwood
cliff between the lines
darren rowse
faithmaps
fatblueman
garden escapades
jason evans
jordon cooper
kevin rains
laura ogle
liz creech
matt mcdonald
mike todd
mr. farty
my neighbours are hoors
northwoods contemplative
nowheresville, usa
patrick puckett
peter matthews
peter white
pigeons escaped
publog
rachel kochackis
real live preacher
ricardiblog
rikaitch
scaryduck
where the hell was i?
the wrath of dawn


More weather by AccuWeather®

blog template designed by