Saturday, January 08, 2005

I just got back from the movies. I went with my friend Toni, her 20-year old daughter--er, I mean, sister, yeah, that's the ticket--and her mom. We went to see the movie Closer. It is a movie that inspires a lot of feelings. I feel used. I feel cheated. I feel disappointed. Mostly I feel like I need to take a shower to get the slime off of me. In case you're wondering, no, I'm not recommending the movie. As I left the theater, I noticed the poster for the movie said it has received five Golden Globe nominations. I can't imagine how or why this can be the case. If you're interested in seeing a movie with no plot, an abundance of use of the f-word, and a cast of four characters with apparently nothing better to do with their time than to talk dirty to each other, talk about how they screwed each other, and talk about how good the experience was, then this is the movie for you. If not, save your money. The writers tried every way possible to get all the characters to sleep with each other, even having a scene where one of the guys pretends to be a girl on a sex chat room and has cybersex (is that the right word?) with the other guy. Mercifully, the two girls never got together. After the movie King Arthur, I had great respect for Clive Owen as an actor. This movie has tarnished that respect. I kept waiting for the plot, but none ever materialized. As I left the theater and walked into the lobby, I said to the other girls, "That was supremely disappointing." Apparently, the couple in front of us thought so too, because they turned around and laughed with us.

I did, however, have a lovely meal beforehand, at I Ching, one of my favorite Chinese restaurants. That was worth getting out for, as was seeing Toni and her family. We could've done without that particular movie, though.

Tomorrow the last minute kicks in as I try to get some housework done before school starts on Monday. I'm a little embarrassed because the other day when I went to pay my rent through the semester, I told the landlady about a couple of repairs I needed done. She said something about ordering parts, so I figured I had a couple of days to get the place in order before they came to fix things. Well, I got home from work on Friday and there was a note on my door that the maintenance guy had been there to do a "temporary fix", so he has seen the mess in all its glory--papers strewn about the living room, bed not made, dishes all stacked up needing to be washed, etc. Oh, well, that's what he gets for not giving notice that he was coming... But I need to get things straightened up before he potentially comes back to finish the job on Monday. Of course, I could have done some of it today, and had planned to, but my midday nap inadvertently turned into a 3-hour sleep...

posted by #Debi at 9:38 PM | permalink | 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

|


Hi, I'm Debi. Once in a while I have a thought and I like to write it down before it goes away. This is where I write it.


100 things about me

Contact Debi

my design website


Subscribe to my RSS feed


Subscribe in NewsGator Online
Subscribe in Rojo
Add The Scriptorium to Newsburst from CNET News.com
Add to Google

Put a Pin on the Map View my Guestmap
Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

Debi Warford's Profile
Debi Warford's Facebook Profile
Create Your Badge

my photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from debiwarford. Make your own badge here.

deep thoughts

links

ale-8-one
babelfish
bible gateway
bob & sheri
body for life
eastern kentucky university
fenian history
sean hannity
lexington celtic assn
g gordon liddy
sneaky peat
ulster project international
universalis (daily office)
vineyard central

blogs

a cup of Rich
alan creech
aled hughes
allison mabley
antony's attic
at home with keith
benediction blogs on
bloggedyblog
blondladybug
brian phillips
bryan sherwood
cliff between the lines
darren rowse
faithmaps
fatblueman
garden escapades
jason evans
jordon cooper
kevin rains
laura ogle
liz creech
matt mcdonald
mike todd
mr. farty
my neighbours are hoors
northwoods contemplative
nowheresville, usa
patrick puckett
peter matthews
peter white
pigeons escaped
publog
rachel kochackis
real live preacher
ricardiblog
rikaitch
scaryduck
where the hell was i?
the wrath of dawn


More weather by AccuWeather®

blog template designed by