Monday, November 08, 2004

I'm hoping that my car has not reached the age that it begins to suck money. Back at the end of August, in honor of back-to-school, I had my brakes repaired at Midas, so that I would have safe brakes and a lifetime warranty. Well, Thursday my brake indicator light on my dashboard starting coming on intermitently. I took the car to Midas on Saturday to have it checked out, and they told me that what was wrong with it was a "dealer item", which they said means that it would cost more for them to fix it than it would to take it to the dealer. Fine. What the guy at Midas told me was wrong was that my "proportioning valve" was going out, and pointed to an area between my brake fluid reservoir and the master cylinder. So, before class today, I took my car to Commonwealth Ford in Richmond to see how much it would cost to fix. The parts guy there told me that my car doesn't have a proportioning valve, that that's a part only on older cars. He looked at my car and said that it was probably a bad seal between the master cylinder and the reservoir. Or maybe it was just the cap for the reservoir gone bad. Sounds cheap, huh? Well, not so fast. Apparently Ford no longer sells parts in their parts department, only components. In other words, I cannot buy a seal or a cap from them--I have to buy a complete master cylinder module in order to get even a cap. I refuse to be deterred, however; I plan to go to Advance or some other auto parts store and see if I can get a cap. If that doesn't work, I know a guy that used to do body work for me--maybe he can hook me up with one from a junkyard. If it turns out that I have to get the whole master cylinder, pray that I can hold off on it until the end of the year, because I'm not gonna have the money for it for awhile. Things are pretty tight right now, what with all the art supplies, gas, other school supplies, and gas that I'm buying these days. Oh, well, God always seems to work things out. It should be interesting seeing how He manages it this time.

On a brighter note, we are gearing up for the regional gathering that VBCC is hosting this weekend. One of the better spots is that we are doing an art gallery as part of the worship. I've been in contact with Aaron Klinefelter, who is coordinating the gallery, and I will be showing one of my latest art projects, the transformation project from my 3D Design class. I also plan to duplicate a Celtic cross project that I am doing for my 2D Design class as a participatory work--I will make several copies of a cross I have drawn for class, and we will have some sort of wall where people can color their own crosses and display them all together. Should be interesting. God, there's so much to get ready! I'm sure it'll all come together in the end, though.

Well, it appears to be bedtime, and I've rambled on long enough. Think I'll head on off to bed now. Later!

posted by #Debi at 11:00 PM | permalink | 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

|


Hi, I'm Debi. Once in a while I have a thought and I like to write it down before it goes away. This is where I write it.


100 things about me

Contact Debi

my design website


Subscribe to my RSS feed


Subscribe in NewsGator Online
Subscribe in Rojo
Add The Scriptorium to Newsburst from CNET News.com
Add to Google

Put a Pin on the Map View my Guestmap
Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

Debi Warford's Profile
Debi Warford's Facebook Profile
Create Your Badge

my photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from debiwarford. Make your own badge here.

deep thoughts

links

ale-8-one
babelfish
bible gateway
bob & sheri
body for life
eastern kentucky university
fenian history
sean hannity
lexington celtic assn
g gordon liddy
sneaky peat
ulster project international
universalis (daily office)
vineyard central

blogs

a cup of Rich
alan creech
aled hughes
allison mabley
antony's attic
at home with keith
benediction blogs on
bloggedyblog
blondladybug
brian phillips
bryan sherwood
cliff between the lines
darren rowse
faithmaps
fatblueman
garden escapades
jason evans
jordon cooper
kevin rains
laura ogle
liz creech
matt mcdonald
mike todd
mr. farty
my neighbours are hoors
northwoods contemplative
nowheresville, usa
patrick puckett
peter matthews
peter white
pigeons escaped
publog
rachel kochackis
real live preacher
ricardiblog
rikaitch
scaryduck
where the hell was i?
the wrath of dawn


More weather by AccuWeather®

blog template designed by