Thursday, August 26, 2004

Well, here I am in the Crabbe Library at lovely EKU, the Campus Beautiful. It's raining a bit right now, and I have a couple of hours to kill until my next class. That's the one thing I hate about the first day of classes--all of my Tuesday and Thursday classes are 2-hour, back to back studio classes, the first two of which are in the same classroom. However, on the first day, the teachers just give you a quick overview of what the classes are about, which takes about 30 minutes. That means that I either I sit in the classroom by myself waiting for the next class to begin, or I find something to amuse myself with for a couple of hours. Guess which I chose? :^)

Yesterday I had my first class, Spanish 101, and that was pretty surreal. I had such a feeling of unreality, of being in one of those dreams where you're completely out of context with the situation. That only lasted a few minutes, but it was long enough for me to wonder what the heck I was doing there! I think I'm going to enjoy Spanish--the class is a very basic one, and I already know a lot of the info there, but it will be a good refresher for me. My teacher, Carlos Zamora, seems like a very nice guy, young but yet already has 4 kids, he said. He reminds me for some reason of a young George Lopez; not so much because of his humor, although he is pretty funny, but more attitudinally.

I can tell already that I'm gonna like my design classes. I don't feel as out of place there, for some reason. Maybe it's the aura of the place or something. Maybe it's because I know that everyone else in the class is just starting out, as I am.

Parking is going to be a big focus in my life for the next while, I think. I'm still learning where all the commuter lots are, and both days I've found a spot just by the sheer luck of finding someone leaving as I'm arriving. I've gotten here at least an hour early both days--yesterday because I had things to take care of, like picking up my student ID (I have a student ID!) and the like, and today because I wanted to be sure that I wasn't late for class. Hopefully, I'll get the hang of knowing when to arrive on campus to get a good spot, not be late, yet not have to sit around forever waiting for class to start. Or maybe I'll just come in early and hang out in the Older Wiser Learners (OWLs) lounge and study until class starts.

Oh, you those of you who like quirky websites, go check out www.thinkgeek.com. One of the guys at work told me about it yesterday, so I checked it out and it's pretty cool, especially for you Microsoft people. There's all sorts of geeky gadgets, accessories, and geekwear, such as a Swiss Army knife with a built-in USB drive, and (my favorite) a T-shirt which says, "I'm blogging this." I'm seriously considering buying that one.

Well, time to sign off and check my email real quick before my last class starts. Later!

posted by #Debi at 1:56 PM | permalink | 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

|


Hi, I'm Debi. Once in a while I have a thought and I like to write it down before it goes away. This is where I write it.


100 things about me

Contact Debi

my design website


Subscribe to my RSS feed


Subscribe in NewsGator Online
Subscribe in Rojo
Add The Scriptorium to Newsburst from CNET News.com
Add to Google

Put a Pin on the Map View my Guestmap
Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

Debi Warford's Profile
Debi Warford's Facebook Profile
Create Your Badge

my photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from debiwarford. Make your own badge here.

deep thoughts

links

ale-8-one
babelfish
bible gateway
bob & sheri
body for life
eastern kentucky university
fenian history
sean hannity
lexington celtic assn
g gordon liddy
sneaky peat
ulster project international
universalis (daily office)
vineyard central

blogs

a cup of Rich
alan creech
aled hughes
allison mabley
antony's attic
at home with keith
benediction blogs on
bloggedyblog
blondladybug
brian phillips
bryan sherwood
cliff between the lines
darren rowse
faithmaps
fatblueman
garden escapades
jason evans
jordon cooper
kevin rains
laura ogle
liz creech
matt mcdonald
mike todd
mr. farty
my neighbours are hoors
northwoods contemplative
nowheresville, usa
patrick puckett
peter matthews
peter white
pigeons escaped
publog
rachel kochackis
real live preacher
ricardiblog
rikaitch
scaryduck
where the hell was i?
the wrath of dawn


More weather by AccuWeather®

blog template designed by