Monday, April 05, 2004

...And now begins week 2 of my Body for Life 12-week challenge. So far it's been really encouraging. There's an eating plan (6 meals a day!) and an exercise plan (alternating days of 45 minute weight training sessions and 20 minute intense cardio sessions). Because I'm a creature of habit (read "not very imaginative in the kitchen"), I've eaten a lot of grilled salmon. OK, not a lot quantity-wise, but at least 3 days a week, maybe more often. It's easy to throw on the George Foreman, and tastes delicious! I spent some time on the BFL website today, checking out recipes to change things up a bit. Oh, yeah, the best bit--this first week I lost 4 pounds! Maybe that doesn't sound like much, but it was very encouraging for me and if I continue at that rate, I'll have lost close to 50 pounds at the end of the challenge, rather than the 20 I projected. Not too shabby! I'm also noticing much more energy, but maybe there's another contributing factor to that...

I had an intense talk with my supervisor last Monday, after a horrible weekend in which I was so depressed I started to scare myself. I told her that my mental health was at stake and I really needed some time off, but with no paid leave built up and needing the money, I didn't know where to turn. She suggested that I go to part-time for 2 weeks to try to get a breather. Of course I agreed. So last week and this week, I have been working only six hours a day instead of the "usual" 10. I also am off on Saturdays during this time (which looks like it will end next Monday). Being the "overbooking" sort that I am, I immediately started making all these grandiose plans of cleaning my entire house, working out, going and doing and... So far, I haven't really done much except rest (well, except for going to the gym every day, which is part of the BFL plan). I'm hoping to get some spring cleaning done the rest of this week, and I also hope to do some checking into going back to school in the fall. I want to go back and get a degree in Graphic Design, and I need to check into financial aid, schedules, requirements, and all that. I had hoped to be able to get over to EKU's campus and talk to some folks, but maybe I'll be able to find what I need on the website.

Well, that's about all for now. I gotta go visit my new best friend, Mr. Toilet. Ten glasses of water a day! (Too much info?)

posted by #Debi at 7:15 PM | permalink | 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

|


Hi, I'm Debi. Once in a while I have a thought and I like to write it down before it goes away. This is where I write it.


100 things about me

Contact Debi

my design website


Subscribe to my RSS feed


Subscribe in NewsGator Online
Subscribe in Rojo
Add The Scriptorium to Newsburst from CNET News.com
Add to Google

Put a Pin on the Map View my Guestmap
Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

Debi Warford's Profile
Debi Warford's Facebook Profile
Create Your Badge

my photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from debiwarford. Make your own badge here.

deep thoughts

links

ale-8-one
babelfish
bible gateway
bob & sheri
body for life
eastern kentucky university
fenian history
sean hannity
lexington celtic assn
g gordon liddy
sneaky peat
ulster project international
universalis (daily office)
vineyard central

blogs

a cup of Rich
alan creech
aled hughes
allison mabley
antony's attic
at home with keith
benediction blogs on
bloggedyblog
blondladybug
brian phillips
bryan sherwood
cliff between the lines
darren rowse
faithmaps
fatblueman
garden escapades
jason evans
jordon cooper
kevin rains
laura ogle
liz creech
matt mcdonald
mike todd
mr. farty
my neighbours are hoors
northwoods contemplative
nowheresville, usa
patrick puckett
peter matthews
peter white
pigeons escaped
publog
rachel kochackis
real live preacher
ricardiblog
rikaitch
scaryduck
where the hell was i?
the wrath of dawn


More weather by AccuWeather®

blog template designed by