Sunday, November 23, 2003

It's been an interesting week. I meant to post much earlier than this, but things have been kinda hectic, mostly in a good way.

First, I should tell about the day of my birthday. When I got to work, it was like a teeny "Miracle on 34th Street" or something. I got to my desk and, lo and behold, there were balloons, birthday cards, and presents there! I told the gang at church that I felt like Sally Field at the Oscars. (You like me! You really like me!) Most all of this was from my boss and one other employee, but still it felt good to be appreciated. My boss said that if I had to be at work on my birthday (I had asked off but was denied), then at least it should be a little special. My favorite gift there was a keychain my boss got me. It had one of my favorite sayings on it: "I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person!" She said that when she saw it, she thought it was so me that she had to get it. I can't imagine what she means by that.... ;^)

Church that night was fun, too. Liz made me a wonderful cake (chocolate with cream cheese filling and raspberry sauce), and Matt gave me a couple of really nice books, a beautiful Celtic book of hours and an Irish cookbook. Kidney and bacon soup, anyone?

Last night, Brian took me out to dinner at a lovely Indian restaurant, Tandoor (the first Indian restaurant I had ever been to), and to see Master and Commander, and Matt came with us. It was a really good movie, but because we ended up getting to the theater just as the trailers were starting, we had to sit in the front row. At first I thought, oh cool, it's like an IMAX, but by the end of the movie my neck was hurting a little. I'll probably go see it again when I can sit a little further back, to get all the details. After the movie, we ended up at Common Grounds for a little while. A wonderful evening, all in all.

Work was actually tolerable this week, mostly due to the fact that the main trainer is back from India and people are asking her questions now instead of me, and I can concentrate on my regular work. Management has finally figured out that the "team" thing is not working, and has given us individual quotas to meet by Wednesday. Those of us who meet our quotas by end of day Wednesday are supposed to get the 4-day weekend off. I'm on track to do that, but as I told a friend, I'll believe it when I wake up at 9AM on Friday. Anyway, I'd really like to have the weekend off to catch up on housecleaning and search the 'net for a new job, so everyone keep their fingers crossed and send up a prayer if you're so inclined.

posted by #Debi at 6:06 PM | permalink | 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

|


Hi, I'm Debi. Once in a while I have a thought and I like to write it down before it goes away. This is where I write it.


100 things about me

Contact Debi

my design website


Subscribe to my RSS feed


Subscribe in NewsGator Online
Subscribe in Rojo
Add The Scriptorium to Newsburst from CNET News.com
Add to Google

Put a Pin on the Map View my Guestmap
Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

Debi Warford's Profile
Debi Warford's Facebook Profile
Create Your Badge

my photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from debiwarford. Make your own badge here.

deep thoughts

links

ale-8-one
babelfish
bible gateway
bob & sheri
body for life
eastern kentucky university
fenian history
sean hannity
lexington celtic assn
g gordon liddy
sneaky peat
ulster project international
universalis (daily office)
vineyard central

blogs

a cup of Rich
alan creech
aled hughes
allison mabley
antony's attic
at home with keith
benediction blogs on
bloggedyblog
blondladybug
brian phillips
bryan sherwood
cliff between the lines
darren rowse
faithmaps
fatblueman
garden escapades
jason evans
jordon cooper
kevin rains
laura ogle
liz creech
matt mcdonald
mike todd
mr. farty
my neighbours are hoors
northwoods contemplative
nowheresville, usa
patrick puckett
peter matthews
peter white
pigeons escaped
publog
rachel kochackis
real live preacher
ricardiblog
rikaitch
scaryduck
where the hell was i?
the wrath of dawn


More weather by AccuWeather®

blog template designed by