Saturday, October 11, 2003

Several days ago, I was visiting over at a blog that I have begun reading occasionally, Standing Room Only. Hugh was writing about having gone to e-harmony.com and taking the free personality profile you hear so much about on radio commercials (or at least I do). He did it on a whim, being a gay man and all. He talked about how if you judged a person solely on the personality profile, you get a pretty white-washed (air-brushed?) picture of the person. I decided to go over and take the profile myself. Warning: don't take the test unless you've got a half-hour or so at least to spend on it. It's extremely thorough, to the point that I thought it somewhat redundant. But maybe they really need all that info to know the real me, or least the online-at-that-particular-moment me. Here's the results of what they consider "a look at the natural behavior [I] bring to an interpersonal relationship."

#You show sympathy to the feelings and needs of others. Your natural empathy style may draw others to you.

#You can generate enthusiasm in yourself and in other people. Your enthusiasm, often contagious, involves many people in a social activity who might not ordinarily become involved.

#You are a natural communicator. You love to talk, offer jokes and make sure that everyone is having a good time. This trait is especially evident at functions and outings.

#You have a natural, outgoing style that some have labeled as the "natural salesperson." You are generally likable, talkative and socially assertive. Your primary intent is convincing or persuading people.

#Poised, confident, persuasive and impressive are descriptors for you. You are usually capable of speaking in a comfortable manner.

#One of your great strengths is your ability to communicate and talk readily. Since all strengths may be overused at times, you may sometimes talk too much.

The actual profile was 7 pages long (!), so obviously I won't post it all here. Besides, I agree with what Hugh was saying about getting a somewhat one-dimensional picture of me by reading the profile. As I commented on his blog, I end up sounding like a combination of "Mother Theresa and Chatty Cathy, with a little Ellen Degeneres thrown in for good measure." Trust me, I'm good, but I'm not that good. :^}

posted by #Debi at 10:14 PM | permalink | 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

|


Hi, I'm Debi. Once in a while I have a thought and I like to write it down before it goes away. This is where I write it.


100 things about me

Contact Debi

my design website


Subscribe to my RSS feed


Subscribe in NewsGator Online
Subscribe in Rojo
Add The Scriptorium to Newsburst from CNET News.com
Add to Google

Put a Pin on the Map View my Guestmap
Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

Debi Warford's Profile
Debi Warford's Facebook Profile
Create Your Badge

my photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from debiwarford. Make your own badge here.

deep thoughts

links

ale-8-one
babelfish
bible gateway
bob & sheri
body for life
eastern kentucky university
fenian history
sean hannity
lexington celtic assn
g gordon liddy
sneaky peat
ulster project international
universalis (daily office)
vineyard central

blogs

a cup of Rich
alan creech
aled hughes
allison mabley
antony's attic
at home with keith
benediction blogs on
bloggedyblog
blondladybug
brian phillips
bryan sherwood
cliff between the lines
darren rowse
faithmaps
fatblueman
garden escapades
jason evans
jordon cooper
kevin rains
laura ogle
liz creech
matt mcdonald
mike todd
mr. farty
my neighbours are hoors
northwoods contemplative
nowheresville, usa
patrick puckett
peter matthews
peter white
pigeons escaped
publog
rachel kochackis
real live preacher
ricardiblog
rikaitch
scaryduck
where the hell was i?
the wrath of dawn


More weather by AccuWeather®

blog template designed by