Sunday, October 19, 2003

Man, I am in such trouble! I bought a new desk chair Friday night and just got around to putting it together this morning (just finished, in fact). It is so much more comfortable than the "student chair" I had in here previously that I may never get away from the computer now! I had been thinking of getting a new chair for several months, because the old one (purchased solely for the fact that it would adjust low enough to use at my desk yet high enough to use at my drawing table) was getting terribly uncomfortable and giving me backaches when I sat here for any length of time. I am one happy camper!

I had a great time at the VC Regional Allgroup last night. Brian and I rode up together in his new car, which he insisted on driving because he "needed to put some miles on it." It's a beautiful car, a silver Nissan Altima, with a CD player and most of the bells and whistles on it, so I didn't complain too much. He's a very good driver, and I was glad of the break.

We got up to Cincy about an hour before service, because we had heard that traffic would be terrible due to Cincinnati's Tall Stacks festival, which apparently only happens every four years. Traffic was very light, however, so we got to VC early and were able to hang out with folks before the service. I had to laugh at the first greeting I received--I was addressed as "Debi-licious." I think I'll adopt that as my new nickname. (Or maybe not.) :^)

The service itself was very cool, with Alan and Dave Nixon tag-team teaching. There was a worship station that I thought was very creative. It was a huge table draped with cloth on which was several small cups with a bit of honey in each. As you dipped your finger in and tasted the sweetness of the honey, you were to think about the weekend and the sweetest moment or revelation you'd received and write it on a large piece of paper provided. The best revelation I got out of the service was near the end, at a point in the service where we had about 30 seconds of quiet reflection. I thought about earlier in the evening, when Liz was giving us the 50-cent tour of one of the community houses at VC, the "white house" (where the Nixons live, btw). We talked about how cool it would be to have a place like that where there would be room for several families to live in a communal setting. I told Liz that I would totally move in with them if they had such a place. As I sat reflecting during service, I realized that I absolutely meant it. It was like a renewal of my commitment to the Creeches and to VBCC. I truly don't know what I'd do without them in my life.

Afterward, the VBCC singles group (Brian, Matt, and I), along with Bryan and Heather Sherwood, went across the river to Newport and ate at Buckhead's, which is one of my favorite restaurants. We had a good time talking and getting to know the Sherwoods. They are moving to Lexington (I guess I can say that now since it's on Bryan's blog), and will be hanging out with us at VBCC. They'll be a great addition to our circle.

Well, here it is nearly 11AM, and I've done nothing (except build the chair, which is so cool!), so I suppose I should get moving. I'm working out with Rachel in a couple of hours, which we haven't done in two or three weeks. I should be good and sore later today!

posted by #Debi at 10:07 AM | permalink | 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

|


Hi, I'm Debi. Once in a while I have a thought and I like to write it down before it goes away. This is where I write it.


100 things about me

Contact Debi

my design website


Subscribe to my RSS feed


Subscribe in NewsGator Online
Subscribe in Rojo
Add The Scriptorium to Newsburst from CNET News.com
Add to Google

Put a Pin on the Map View my Guestmap
Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

Debi Warford's Profile
Debi Warford's Facebook Profile
Create Your Badge

my photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from debiwarford. Make your own badge here.

deep thoughts

links

ale-8-one
babelfish
bible gateway
bob & sheri
body for life
eastern kentucky university
fenian history
sean hannity
lexington celtic assn
g gordon liddy
sneaky peat
ulster project international
universalis (daily office)
vineyard central

blogs

a cup of Rich
alan creech
aled hughes
allison mabley
antony's attic
at home with keith
benediction blogs on
bloggedyblog
blondladybug
brian phillips
bryan sherwood
cliff between the lines
darren rowse
faithmaps
fatblueman
garden escapades
jason evans
jordon cooper
kevin rains
laura ogle
liz creech
matt mcdonald
mike todd
mr. farty
my neighbours are hoors
northwoods contemplative
nowheresville, usa
patrick puckett
peter matthews
peter white
pigeons escaped
publog
rachel kochackis
real live preacher
ricardiblog
rikaitch
scaryduck
where the hell was i?
the wrath of dawn


More weather by AccuWeather®

blog template designed by