Sunday, August 31, 2003

On Friday, I was listening to the Rush Limbaugh Show, and he was talking about the deal with the Ten Commandments monument in Alabama. I'm kinda conflicted in how I feel about this issue, but believe at my core that Jesus came to fulfill the Ten Commandments and gave us the Two New Commandments: Jesus said, "'Love the Lord your God with all your passion and prayer and intelligence.' This is the most important, the first on any list. But there is a second to set alongside it: 'Love others as well as you love yourself.' These two commands are pegs; everything in God's Law and the Prophets hangs from them."(Matthew 22:37-40 MSG). I also believe that the best place for people to see and understand the meaning of the Big Ten is when they are written on the hearts of believers and acted out, rather than to see them displayed on a cold stone monument sitting in a place of judgment. Anyway, Rush read part of a piece from ESPN.com, a weekly column called Tuesday Morning Quarterback, by Gregg Easterbrook. (If you go to read the story, you may want to scroll down about halfway down the page to where it says Warning -- Serious Item!--it's buried in the middle of a long rant about everything from football to sushi to lingerie.) Here's the quote that really got me interested in the piece:"As a church-going Christian...I find it deeply embarrassing when Christianity is associated, in the public eye, with hucksters like Moore. I find it embarrassing, too, when Christians supporting Moore's hunk of stone suggest that a big object in a public square is what matters, rather than the power of God's message itself. Anyone who needs to look at a big object in order to believe, doesn't really believe." I was impressed that insights such as this are posted on a sports website. Way to go, guys.

posted by #Debi at 11:37 PM | permalink | 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

|


Hi, I'm Debi. Once in a while I have a thought and I like to write it down before it goes away. This is where I write it.


100 things about me

Contact Debi

my design website


Subscribe to my RSS feed


Subscribe in NewsGator Online
Subscribe in Rojo
Add The Scriptorium to Newsburst from CNET News.com
Add to Google

Put a Pin on the Map View my Guestmap
Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

Debi Warford's Profile
Debi Warford's Facebook Profile
Create Your Badge

my photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from debiwarford. Make your own badge here.

deep thoughts

links

ale-8-one
babelfish
bible gateway
bob & sheri
body for life
eastern kentucky university
fenian history
sean hannity
lexington celtic assn
g gordon liddy
sneaky peat
ulster project international
universalis (daily office)
vineyard central

blogs

a cup of Rich
alan creech
aled hughes
allison mabley
antony's attic
at home with keith
benediction blogs on
bloggedyblog
blondladybug
brian phillips
bryan sherwood
cliff between the lines
darren rowse
faithmaps
fatblueman
garden escapades
jason evans
jordon cooper
kevin rains
laura ogle
liz creech
matt mcdonald
mike todd
mr. farty
my neighbours are hoors
northwoods contemplative
nowheresville, usa
patrick puckett
peter matthews
peter white
pigeons escaped
publog
rachel kochackis
real live preacher
ricardiblog
rikaitch
scaryduck
where the hell was i?
the wrath of dawn


More weather by AccuWeather®

blog template designed by