Thursday, August 28, 2003

I've been home for only about a half-hour or so; I stayed late at work. The "late" part wasn't so much work as it was watching the screen, wondering when the system would come back up so I could finish what I was working on. We're dealing with that "worm" thing in our system. After about an hour of watching a blank screen (OK, so I was reading Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, too, but hey--we were down, after all), I made the sign of the cross (well, some sort of sign) over my terminal, shut it down, and went to have an iced mocha latte (decaf, no whipped cream) at Common Grounds. I stayed there about an hour and a half, pestering...er...hanging out with Matt, who is leaving tomorrow for a trip out west. Dang it! He'll be gone a week, the Creeches'll be gone a week, everyone gets to go on a trip but me! [/pity party] I also had a chance to talk to a young woman who came in with a copy of Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, which I recently read on tape. She asked questions and shared some of her favorite quotes from the book with me, and I shared some of my favorite parts and discussed some of the "plot twists" with her. Good times...

Anyway, I got home and checked my stats on the blog to see who's been sneakin' 'round here, readin' my stuff. I like the feature on Bravenet that lets you see where people found you from. I'm sure that's probably pretty standard stuff, but it fascinates me. Easily amused, I guess. So I'm looking at my stats and notice that I've had one of the really bizarre hits from Google where they put words together that aren't together in the original and came up with me: pagans motorcycle gang. I'm sure this was a bit of a rabbit trail for whoever found me from that!

Well, it's getting late, so I guess I'd better shut it down and head for bed. Hopefully, we will have no system problems tomorrow and will be able to meet our quota. Please, God!

posted by #Debi at 11:32 PM | permalink | 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

|


Hi, I'm Debi. Once in a while I have a thought and I like to write it down before it goes away. This is where I write it.


100 things about me

Contact Debi

my design website


Subscribe to my RSS feed


Subscribe in NewsGator Online
Subscribe in Rojo
Add The Scriptorium to Newsburst from CNET News.com
Add to Google

Put a Pin on the Map View my Guestmap
Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

Debi Warford's Profile
Debi Warford's Facebook Profile
Create Your Badge

my photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from debiwarford. Make your own badge here.

deep thoughts

links

ale-8-one
babelfish
bible gateway
bob & sheri
body for life
eastern kentucky university
fenian history
sean hannity
lexington celtic assn
g gordon liddy
sneaky peat
ulster project international
universalis (daily office)
vineyard central

blogs

a cup of Rich
alan creech
aled hughes
allison mabley
antony's attic
at home with keith
benediction blogs on
bloggedyblog
blondladybug
brian phillips
bryan sherwood
cliff between the lines
darren rowse
faithmaps
fatblueman
garden escapades
jason evans
jordon cooper
kevin rains
laura ogle
liz creech
matt mcdonald
mike todd
mr. farty
my neighbours are hoors
northwoods contemplative
nowheresville, usa
patrick puckett
peter matthews
peter white
pigeons escaped
publog
rachel kochackis
real live preacher
ricardiblog
rikaitch
scaryduck
where the hell was i?
the wrath of dawn


More weather by AccuWeather®

blog template designed by