Saturday, July 05, 2003

Forgive me, blogosphere, for I have sinned. It has been three days since my last confession...er...post. I have been spending the last couple of days consumed with consumption--of the 1800's variety. Not really, but it feels that way. I have been blindsided by allergies and have coughed up goo pretty much non-stop for 2 days now. It sucks to be sick on a holiday weekend when I had so many plans.

I didn't cancel everything, though. I worked out yesterday, and managed to get through that without too many hacking fits. Later in the day, I went to Matt and Joseph's for a cookout. Matt is like the best cook in the world, next to Alan. He made so many goodies, too many to mention all of them. A representative sampling would include BBQ chicken, grilled vegetables, grilled fruit (very good, btw--you should try it sometime), grilled kielbasa, homemade salsa, potato skins with bacon (real bacon!) bits and cheese, herbed potatos, and "fruit pizza" in the shape of an American flag for dessert. If you're not familiar with fruit pizza, you take sugar cookie dough and bake it into a crust, then spread it with a cream cheese/whipped topping combination, then top it with fruit of your choice; usually strawberries, kiwi slices, etc. Matt used strawberries for the red stripes and blueberries for the part where the stars go. So much for the diet Rachel has been "exhorting" me to stick to. ;^)

After dinner, all of us at the cookout went over to a friend named Sally's house to watch fireworks. She's staying with some relatives in an upscale neighborhood in town. Apparently, some of the neighbors go in together each year and put on a fireworks show in the neighborhood. It was great; I believe it may have been better than the one put on by the city. It was certainly longer, anyway. After we watched the fireworks, we went back to Sally's relatives' house and played Cranium until about 1:30 AM. Needless to say, I was pretty wiped out this morning and slept in. I'm feeling somewhat better today, but still not 100%. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. It's "leg day" for me at the gym, I've been told.

posted by #Debi at 10:51 PM | permalink | 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

|


Hi, I'm Debi. Once in a while I have a thought and I like to write it down before it goes away. This is where I write it.


100 things about me

Contact Debi

my design website


Subscribe to my RSS feed


Subscribe in NewsGator Online
Subscribe in Rojo
Add The Scriptorium to Newsburst from CNET News.com
Add to Google

Put a Pin on the Map View my Guestmap
Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

Debi Warford's Profile
Debi Warford's Facebook Profile
Create Your Badge

my photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from debiwarford. Make your own badge here.

deep thoughts

links

ale-8-one
babelfish
bible gateway
bob & sheri
body for life
eastern kentucky university
fenian history
sean hannity
lexington celtic assn
g gordon liddy
sneaky peat
ulster project international
universalis (daily office)
vineyard central

blogs

a cup of Rich
alan creech
aled hughes
allison mabley
antony's attic
at home with keith
benediction blogs on
bloggedyblog
blondladybug
brian phillips
bryan sherwood
cliff between the lines
darren rowse
faithmaps
fatblueman
garden escapades
jason evans
jordon cooper
kevin rains
laura ogle
liz creech
matt mcdonald
mike todd
mr. farty
my neighbours are hoors
northwoods contemplative
nowheresville, usa
patrick puckett
peter matthews
peter white
pigeons escaped
publog
rachel kochackis
real live preacher
ricardiblog
rikaitch
scaryduck
where the hell was i?
the wrath of dawn


More weather by AccuWeather®

blog template designed by