Saturday, February 08, 2003

It's been a very long week. I got home from work a couple of hours ago, then went back out to go to the gym. I had an appointment with one of the guys who was going to show me how to use the machines and give me a workout plan. He did show me how to use the machines, but didn't have the workout plan ready because he said he wanted to consult with the dietitian, Adriana, and give me a whole "packet" to go by for diet and exercise. So, all I really did at the gym today was use the treadmill for a while. I told Mike I'd be back Tuesday night for the workout plan. I wish I'd been able to get it today--I'm kind of an "impulse" person, and when I decide to do something but then can't do it right away, I get frustrated and discouraged. I am determined to follow through with this fitness thing, though, so I refuse to let the frustration wear at me.

All in all, I worked 13 hours of OT this week, with more promised for next week. The money's good, but I've been pretty tired all week. I told Mike at the gym that I hope working out will help with the fatigue, and he agreed with me that it would. I know that the more I do it, the more I will want to do it.

I found out today that my friend Lorraine had her baby today. A girl this time--Jada Nicole, I think they named her (I'm sure about Jada, not positive about Nicole). I plan to go visit her tonight or in the morning. I didn't realize she was so close to her time--funny how time flies!

I have finally started reading "More Ready Than You Realize", by Brian McLaren. It's a borrowed copy, from Alan, so I will probably be posting impressions in here, since I don't think he'd appreciate me marking up his book. I just finished the introduction, and already am getting so much good stuff out of it. I can't wait to see what the rest of the book has in store! Here's a quote or two from the intro:

"What if there really is a great and good and kind God, and we humans really are God's creatures, though we lose our way sometimes? And what if our deepest dream is really true, that the God who really exists really loves us? And what if one of the best ways for God to get through to those of us who have lost our way is via the kindness and influence of others who have been brought back to a good path?"(pg. 13)

"Good evangelists...are people who engage others in good conversation about important and profound topics such as faith, values, hope, meaning, purpose, goodness, beauty, truth, life after death, life before death, and God. they live with a sense of mission that their God-given calling in life is not just to live selfishly, or even just to live well, but to in fact live unselfishly and well and to help others live unselfishly and well too."(pg.14)

I especially like the subtitle, "Evangelism as Dance in the Postmodern Matrix". This concept of sharing the journey to God as being a dance is very attractive to me. An outflowing, natural, artistic, beautiful, expressive, and interactive dance--not a mosh pit where we bang up against people enthusiastically but violently, but more of a ballroom dance--complicated, maybe, but relax and let your Partner lead, and it's exhilarating!

posted by #Debi at 5:37 PM | permalink | 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

|


Hi, I'm Debi. Once in a while I have a thought and I like to write it down before it goes away. This is where I write it.


100 things about me

Contact Debi

my design website


Subscribe to my RSS feed


Subscribe in NewsGator Online
Subscribe in Rojo
Add The Scriptorium to Newsburst from CNET News.com
Add to Google

Put a Pin on the Map View my Guestmap
Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

Debi Warford's Profile
Debi Warford's Facebook Profile
Create Your Badge

my photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from debiwarford. Make your own badge here.

deep thoughts

links

ale-8-one
babelfish
bible gateway
bob & sheri
body for life
eastern kentucky university
fenian history
sean hannity
lexington celtic assn
g gordon liddy
sneaky peat
ulster project international
universalis (daily office)
vineyard central

blogs

a cup of Rich
alan creech
aled hughes
allison mabley
antony's attic
at home with keith
benediction blogs on
bloggedyblog
blondladybug
brian phillips
bryan sherwood
cliff between the lines
darren rowse
faithmaps
fatblueman
garden escapades
jason evans
jordon cooper
kevin rains
laura ogle
liz creech
matt mcdonald
mike todd
mr. farty
my neighbours are hoors
northwoods contemplative
nowheresville, usa
patrick puckett
peter matthews
peter white
pigeons escaped
publog
rachel kochackis
real live preacher
ricardiblog
rikaitch
scaryduck
where the hell was i?
the wrath of dawn


More weather by AccuWeather®

blog template designed by