Sunday, December 15, 2002

OK, I promised "tidbits" from the Creeches party; apparently Alan is afraid I'll tell somethin' bad (see his comment on the 12/14 post), but if I did I'd have to make somethin' up, 'cause it was all good. I met some very nice folks, got to hang with some folks I haven't seen in a while, and ate way too much food! Liz is right--in order for them to have parties like that on a regular basis, they'd have to win the lottery or something. As far as I can tell, everyone had a great time. I spent most of yesterday recuperating from staying up 'til 3 in the morning. (I'm not as young as I once was.) Pete Matthews came and played guitar and we all sang songs from our youth; we told all sorts of interesting stories on ourselves and each other; and just generally had a blast. We even ran outside and played in what snow was left (OK, we just stood around and talked in the snow while the smokers smoked). Even if we don't go as "all out" as we did Friday, I think it would be cool to get this bunch of folks together on a regular basis.

I spent last evening over at Brian's, having what he calls a "wrap party". Basically, that's me wrapping his Christmas gifts while he watches. Kinky, no? (No.) I did get laundry out of the deal, as well as a home-cooked dinner from Brian. OK, it was spaghetti and salad, nothing fancy, but decent for a man who has only used his oven once or twice in the 1 1/2 years he's lived there. After we ate, Brian decided he wanted some dessert, so he went to the store for some cake while I wrapped gifts. He took my car since I was blocking his, and sneaked and filled my tank with gas while he was out. He's so sweet sometimes.

I've just finished a calligraphy project, the first I've done in a few months. It turned out very nicely, if I do say so myself. I'm trying to expand my vision with the calligraphy, breaking out of my old molds. I've been experimenting with incorporating watercolor in the border illumination, and I'm pleased with the results so far. I wish I had more time to spend at my drawing table, practicing and improving my skills, but I'll take what I can get. I hope to be able to post some of my work here at some point. In order to do that, I need a scanner, I guess--that's on my "wish list". The more immediate bills have to come first.

Here is a Christmas e-card my mom and dad sent me. I actually think it's my dad's doing alone, because he sent me one for my birthday last month, and Mom didn't even know about it until I told her I got it. If it is Dad's doing, I'm encouraged because of the message. My dad has never been a "church-goer", and seems to be one of those whose faith, if he has any, only shows during times of great stress or crisis. I'd like to think that he's softening toward the things of God, even if he doesn't attend church.

posted by #Debi at 3:01 PM | permalink | 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

|


Hi, I'm Debi. Once in a while I have a thought and I like to write it down before it goes away. This is where I write it.


100 things about me

Contact Debi

my design website


Subscribe to my RSS feed


Subscribe in NewsGator Online
Subscribe in Rojo
Add The Scriptorium to Newsburst from CNET News.com
Add to Google

Put a Pin on the Map View my Guestmap
Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

Debi Warford's Profile
Debi Warford's Facebook Profile
Create Your Badge

my photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from debiwarford. Make your own badge here.

deep thoughts

links

ale-8-one
babelfish
bible gateway
bob & sheri
body for life
eastern kentucky university
fenian history
sean hannity
lexington celtic assn
g gordon liddy
sneaky peat
ulster project international
universalis (daily office)
vineyard central

blogs

a cup of Rich
alan creech
aled hughes
allison mabley
antony's attic
at home with keith
benediction blogs on
bloggedyblog
blondladybug
brian phillips
bryan sherwood
cliff between the lines
darren rowse
faithmaps
fatblueman
garden escapades
jason evans
jordon cooper
kevin rains
laura ogle
liz creech
matt mcdonald
mike todd
mr. farty
my neighbours are hoors
northwoods contemplative
nowheresville, usa
patrick puckett
peter matthews
peter white
pigeons escaped
publog
rachel kochackis
real live preacher
ricardiblog
rikaitch
scaryduck
where the hell was i?
the wrath of dawn


More weather by AccuWeather®

blog template designed by