Sunday, July 28, 2002

Well, this has been somewhat of an action-packed weekend! I feel like I've had very little "alone time" over the last 2 days, but it has been fun. Yesterday, I worked for 6 hours of overtime at work, then went berry picking at a local orchard, Garrett's. Originally, this was to be a group outing with several girls from work, but it ended up being only myself and one other woman, also named Debbie. I really have never hung out with her much except for casual contact at the office, so this was a good chance for me to get to know her better. We had hoped to get some blueberries (my favorite fruit), and raspberries, but they were pretty well picked over by previous pickers and the darned Japanese beetles (!), which were everywhere. We finally ended up picking a bunch of blackberries and shopping in the little store they have. I got pretty scratched up in the blackberry briars, but got about 6 cups of berries, which doesn't sound like much, but they will make a killer cobbler. I think I'll make it for the VBCC potluck Wednesday. The heat index was something like 100 degrees, which is coming to be pretty normal for this part of the country in July (global warming, anyone?). I was pretty drained by the time I got home, so I just hung out in front of the TV for as long as I could stay awake, and ended up going to bed earlier than usual for a Saturday night.

Today a bunch of us from VBCC got together and went to Georgetown to meet Brian for brunch at O'Charlie's, then went to see "Austin Powers in Goldmember". It was one of those movies that, whether you admit it to yourself or others, is very funny, but when you're there with a "church group" (although we don't really think of ourselves that way--we're just a bunch of good friends), you feel a little funny about laughing as hard as you want to. I agree with Matt's assessment--Mike Meyers pushes the envelope a little more with each film. Fat Bastard as a sumo wrestler, though--oh, my goodness!! I was somewhat impressed with Beyonce Knowles' acting ability, too--she seems to have some real talent. Rob and Molly brought a friend of theirs along, also--Greg seemed to enjoy hanging with us. Maybe they'll bring him to the potluck--he seems to need friends right now. I didn't get nearly the amount of housework done that I wanted to (OK, that I needed to), but I had a good time.

I also went to the Vineyard Central website this weekend and caught up on all the new things going on there. There's a lot of good stuff happening up there right now. We (VBCC) plan to go be a part of their multi-community gathering in the middle of September--in fact, I'm thinking I might be baptised while we're there. I hope so--I'm really looking forward to it. I was baptised when I was in high school, but was never really discipled afterwards and went on to live like a heathen for the next ten years or so. Ever since I returned to the Lord in 1991, I have had this thought in the back of my mind that the baptism in high school was kind of meaningless to me, and that I'd like to do it again now that I'm really serious about serving Jesus. For the last two years or so, that thought has been pushing from the back of my mind to the forefront, and I think it's time to do something about it. If the opportunity presents itself at VC, I will be baptised there.

posted by #Debi at 10:13 PM | permalink | 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

|


Hi, I'm Debi. Once in a while I have a thought and I like to write it down before it goes away. This is where I write it.


100 things about me

Contact Debi

my design website


Subscribe to my RSS feed


Subscribe in NewsGator Online
Subscribe in Rojo
Add The Scriptorium to Newsburst from CNET News.com
Add to Google

Put a Pin on the Map View my Guestmap
Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

Debi Warford's Profile
Debi Warford's Facebook Profile
Create Your Badge

my photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from debiwarford. Make your own badge here.

deep thoughts

links

ale-8-one
babelfish
bible gateway
bob & sheri
body for life
eastern kentucky university
fenian history
sean hannity
lexington celtic assn
g gordon liddy
sneaky peat
ulster project international
universalis (daily office)
vineyard central

blogs

a cup of Rich
alan creech
aled hughes
allison mabley
antony's attic
at home with keith
benediction blogs on
bloggedyblog
blondladybug
brian phillips
bryan sherwood
cliff between the lines
darren rowse
faithmaps
fatblueman
garden escapades
jason evans
jordon cooper
kevin rains
laura ogle
liz creech
matt mcdonald
mike todd
mr. farty
my neighbours are hoors
northwoods contemplative
nowheresville, usa
patrick puckett
peter matthews
peter white
pigeons escaped
publog
rachel kochackis
real live preacher
ricardiblog
rikaitch
scaryduck
where the hell was i?
the wrath of dawn


More weather by AccuWeather®

blog template designed by