Sunday, July 21, 2002

OK, time for an update, it appears. (Thanks, Alan, for the prodding.) I've been trying to avoid anything too strenuous this morning--my air conditioning went out last night during a thunderstorm and it's about 85 degrees here in my third-floor apartment. The maintenance folks "aren't allowed" to come fix it 'til Monday, so I have to just tough it out for the day. Maybe I'll call Liz or somebody and see if they want to go to the dollar movies so I can get cool for a bit.

The ball game Friday night was fun, although not a very exciting game (the Legends lost 7-3, I think). We had great seats, though. My seat was row 1, seat 1 of our section, which was just to the 3rd base side of the net behind home plate. We were maybe 30 feet from the batters. I think I got some good pictures; I haven't had them developed yet. It was great hanging out with Matt and Brian. I felt like one of the guys :).

Last night, Brian and I went with Molly and Robert to the Shakespeare festival, which is an outdoor deal. It was a great night for it; the rain stopped about half an hour before the play started, so that cooled everything down nicely. The moon came out from behind the clouds just as the play started, which was very cool. The play was "The Three Musketeers," which isn't Shakespeare, I know, but they had a really good adaptation of the story. They told it from Alexandre Dumas' point of view, with him in the play as narrator trying to get the story finished in time for his deadline. Very unique--they even had one scene run backwards as he "erased" when the story didn't go as he wanted. It was a fight scene, with swords and all, and seeing the players run it backward was very entertaining.

After the play, we went to a local coffee house, Common Grounds, for a while and Liz met us there. I got a little peeved at Brian there (he'd been kind of picking at me all night and then he made fun of the way I was parking the car). That was my last nerve he stepped on there--I'm very defensive about my driving abilities. I know I'm a good driver and it shouldn't have bothered me so much--I should have let it roll off my back. Must've been PMS or something. Anyway, on balance it was a good evening. We had a little picnic potluck at the park--I made a killer grilled chicken salad, ala Wendy's Mandarin Chicken Salad (this has been my favorite salad to make for years--way before Wendy's). Molly brought cheeses, Brian brought French bread and crackers, and we had a 6-pack of Killian's between us. We had salad left over, even after we'd all had two bowls, so we offered what was left to a couple sitting next to us, Mark and Erica. They seemed like nice folks, shared their "cheap wine" (their words, not mine) and large chocolate chip cookies with us. (Can you tell what my primary motivation in life is? ;) Just kidding.)

posted by #Debi at 12:03 PM | permalink | 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

|


Hi, I'm Debi. Once in a while I have a thought and I like to write it down before it goes away. This is where I write it.


100 things about me

Contact Debi

my design website


Subscribe to my RSS feed


Subscribe in NewsGator Online
Subscribe in Rojo
Add The Scriptorium to Newsburst from CNET News.com
Add to Google

Put a Pin on the Map View my Guestmap
Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

Debi Warford's Profile
Debi Warford's Facebook Profile
Create Your Badge

my photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from debiwarford. Make your own badge here.

deep thoughts

links

ale-8-one
babelfish
bible gateway
bob & sheri
body for life
eastern kentucky university
fenian history
sean hannity
lexington celtic assn
g gordon liddy
sneaky peat
ulster project international
universalis (daily office)
vineyard central

blogs

a cup of Rich
alan creech
aled hughes
allison mabley
antony's attic
at home with keith
benediction blogs on
bloggedyblog
blondladybug
brian phillips
bryan sherwood
cliff between the lines
darren rowse
faithmaps
fatblueman
garden escapades
jason evans
jordon cooper
kevin rains
laura ogle
liz creech
matt mcdonald
mike todd
mr. farty
my neighbours are hoors
northwoods contemplative
nowheresville, usa
patrick puckett
peter matthews
peter white
pigeons escaped
publog
rachel kochackis
real live preacher
ricardiblog
rikaitch
scaryduck
where the hell was i?
the wrath of dawn


More weather by AccuWeather®

blog template designed by