Saturday, July 06, 2002

Hello, everybody!! I have read so many really cool blogs that I decided that I have to have my own place to do this! Hope you enjoy reading this and learning about me and those I care about.

I suppose a little background info on myself is in order. I learned about blogging through Vine & Branches Christian Community (hereafter known as VBCC, as the lawyers would say). The name Scriptorium comes from the fact that I am a decent calligrapher and mediocre artist, and if I were able to choose another time period to live in, I'd want to be a part of one of those 4th-century monasteries, hanging out with vellum and quill, copying Scripture and doing the cool illuminations with the gold leaf and inks made from powdered rubies and such. Since I don't live in the 4th century (and thank God for all the stuff we have now, such as blogs and microwave ovens), I do my art thang in the spare bedroom of my apartment and call it my personal scriptorium. I actually have a day job as a dental claims processor, working on the computer all day, which pays just enough to keep me off the street, but I have met some neat people there from all over the world. I'm divorced, but that was so long ago that I think I may qualify for "born-again single". That whole deal actually seems like someone else's life; and considering the fact that I really began my relationship with Jesus Christ about five years after that, I suppose it was someone else's life. I've been a "Christ-follower" for about 11 years now, and not only are His mercies new every morning, but I seem to find something new and cool about God every day. I hope through this blog to share some of those things with you.

You'll notice several links to websites and other blogs to the side--these are people who are like-minded, that I care about and admire, and who are really cool. (If your name isn't there, it doesn't mean I don't think you're cool; it just means I haven't got around to putting you there or haven't figured out how to update this thing yet.) Check out some of these sites when you get a chance--I think you'll be glad you did.

I think that's enough for now; you have the thumbnail sketch--it'll take a while to fill in the whole portrait.

posted by #Debi at 1:21 PM | permalink | 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

|


Hi, I'm Debi. Once in a while I have a thought and I like to write it down before it goes away. This is where I write it.


100 things about me

Contact Debi

my design website


Subscribe to my RSS feed


Subscribe in NewsGator Online
Subscribe in Rojo
Add The Scriptorium to Newsburst from CNET News.com
Add to Google

Put a Pin on the Map View my Guestmap
Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

Debi Warford's Profile
Debi Warford's Facebook Profile
Create Your Badge

my photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from debiwarford. Make your own badge here.

deep thoughts

links

ale-8-one
babelfish
bible gateway
bob & sheri
body for life
eastern kentucky university
fenian history
sean hannity
lexington celtic assn
g gordon liddy
sneaky peat
ulster project international
universalis (daily office)
vineyard central

blogs

a cup of Rich
alan creech
aled hughes
allison mabley
antony's attic
at home with keith
benediction blogs on
bloggedyblog
blondladybug
brian phillips
bryan sherwood
cliff between the lines
darren rowse
faithmaps
fatblueman
garden escapades
jason evans
jordon cooper
kevin rains
laura ogle
liz creech
matt mcdonald
mike todd
mr. farty
my neighbours are hoors
northwoods contemplative
nowheresville, usa
patrick puckett
peter matthews
peter white
pigeons escaped
publog
rachel kochackis
real live preacher
ricardiblog
rikaitch
scaryduck
where the hell was i?
the wrath of dawn


More weather by AccuWeather®

blog template designed by